Monday, 3 June 2013

They do loom rather



This is the mooring at Ferrybridge Flood Lock. 

You can't see them from the side window so actually this is not a bad place to moor.  There is a locked gate and room for about 4 boats.

Yesterday I managed to cycle my way out of Ferrybridge/Knottingly with the help of a travel direct printout, a lady, a man, and two groups of young boys.  

Once out of the built up area the cycle ride was a joy back to Eggborough to fetch the car.  

Back at the boat I then did the gearbox oil change.  (1000 hours one at 954) Having dismantled the engine bay to do this I decided it made sense to do the full service today before putting it all back together again.  This is the first full service I have done where no one has come and interfered. helped.  This is a bit of a worry as I have just offered to tow two old gents and their boat to Castleford tomorrow!!!

Here's hoping it all goes well.


Ex loading bay of some sort.

1 comment:

Mike and Poppy said...

The loading apparatus, is an old coal shoot for filling the barges. Coal was tipped in and the barge was slowly moved along to spread the load. I can remember them in action close to Rotherham town lock. Small tipper trucks came from a nearby drift mine (Grange?) with about 10 tons at a time.