Monday, 20 December 2010

Don't call me Mrs Beeton

I was bored yesterday so himself suggested I make mince pies.

So I did.

Halfway through the preparation I remembered we had thrown away the indented cupcake dish thingy what I had as we were never likely to use it and there was minimal storage at his house.

Okay so now what to do.

Himself suggested we roll out the pastry and cut into squares and tweak the corners.

We don't have a rolling pin.

So I used the jar of lasagne sauce.

I had misunderstood his instructions (note mince pie in top right corner.)

Got the hang of corner tweaking and thought what a clever idea a little pocket to put the mincemeat into.


Experimenty no worky



We are calling them minscuits


and very tasty they are too.

I hereby recommend Minscuits as the future Xmas offering to all and sundry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the look of your clever little mince 'pockets' - I bet they tasted good whatever the shape!

A full wine bottle also makes a good rolling pin but most boaters can find better things to do with a bottle of wone!

Merry Christmas and here's to an ice-free New Year.

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

nb.bobcat said...

Thank you. I think they might have worked a bit better if I had 'glued' the edges together.

I did consider the wine bottles but didn't want to joggle the contents and we didn't have any empties.

Lasagne sauce works just as well provided you watch out for the lid end.