Well I have just returned from a busy day at the Festival. I took some cash specifically for two items to bring back with me and intentions to place orders for others. Well I spent a fortune on an engine. Wasn't expecting to pay a deposit straight away but with that discount you can't say no!! Didn't find an ecofan because there were no chandlers on site. I thought there might be one on the stove supplier's stand but if there was one it wasnt obvious. I searched high and low for the COBB stand and I even asked at Lost Property but I don't think they were there on Sunday cos I couldn't find them anywhere. My legs were exhausted so I returned to Mel's stand hoping for a sit down and a chat about my build but he only had one chair. I ousted him from it but as we were discussing boat anatomy we kept getting up and looking at the picture board so I didn't really get any rest. Still I have discovered that I apparently have sides. Will call in on Wednesday to check the veracity of this and discuss shape of bow.
So to clarify I now have baseplate, pigeon boxes, sides, an engine, python drive, alternators and an hospital silencer. No more noisy hospitals the bane of canal travel.
I have decided against the induction hob and will have a gas one, I will probably have a 12v fridge rather than a domestic one so I can switch the inverter off when not required. I might have to paint the roof cream for the solar panels rather than the black I was planning on. Have discussed LED lighting at length and met Terry Darlington and his lovely wife. Busy busy busy.
A big decision to make
5 weeks ago

2 comments:
what were you conclusions about LED lighting?
... nice baseplate!
Thank you so much. I think it looks good on me. (The baseplate I mean)
LED's well I think my conclusions are favourable. Difficult to tell in daylight. The trick is to make sure that the bulbs have that resistor thingy built in to counteract the fluctuations in power. Certainly the newer high power ones look like they provide proper light not like the old ones. And in six months time things will have improved even more.
Just got to find fittings suitable to MR16's that I like.
Question is what do I like? Only thing I know is 'no brass'
Post a Comment